How to inprove the cpu usage?

hello,
I have a server with 40 cpu cores and 126GB memory, I installed three elasticsearch data nodes on this server, but I found that the total cpu usage is very low. So how to inprove the cpu usage of elasticsearch, can I bound cpu cores to each data node?
thanks.

What type of workload do you have? Elasticsearch is often limited by disk I/O rather than CPU. Have you verified that you storage is not a bottleneck?

I have monitored the spu memory and disk i/o on grafana, I saw the i/o is also not high, so I think the disk i/o is not the bottleneck.

Are you having performance problems? What is the use case and workload?

I use elasticsearch as log system. my elasticsearch cluster used to installed on virtual server, each server install one node. Every day nearly 0.5 billion logs will put in to es, I found the virtual server's cpu usage was very high. But on the phyisical server with 3 data nodes, the cpu usage is very low ,40 cpu cores usage is nearly 20% , I doubt the machine resources is not fully used.

If you are not having performance problems maybe the current resource usage is all that is needed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.