How to make elasticsearch returns products from stores that deliver to the user's region?

I am struggling with this for a time. The scenario is the following: I have an elasticsearch index which has products and each product has a store. The store has fields that store its latitude, longitude and the max distance which it delivers (basically, it's the max radius). I also have the user's location (lat and lon).

What I need is this: user searches for a product. I need to show him only the ones that are in stores that deliveries to his region.

More logically: get every product which lat and lon of user are inside the store's max distance of delivery.

I don't know if it is possible... I achieved a very similar scenario, using geo distance query. The problem with it is that user needs to select the distance (max radius) that he wants.

Contextualizing: It would be very strange to search for a product, and it returns from a store that doesn't delivery to user.

This is the structure of documents which I am saving at the index.

{
      "id" : 425406,
      "codAlfa" : "1",
      "description" : "Product",
      "store" : {
        "id" : 1,
        "name" : "testeapi",
        "lat": 51.489761,
        "lon": 0.122890,
        "maxDeliveryDistance" : 20 
      }
  }

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

You really want to move that lat and lon field into it's own geo field, eg;

{
      "id" : 425406,
      "codAlfa" : "1",
      "description" : "Product",
      "store" : {
        "id" : 1,
        "name" : "testeapi",
        "location": {
          "lat": 51.489761,
          "lon": 0.122890,
        },
        "maxDeliveryDistance" : 20 
      }
  }

And then have that location field mapped as a geopoint.

Otherwise it's likely they are mapped as some kind of numeric data, which you cannot do geo range queries on.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.