How to manage large number of in clause values

Hello,

I am performing in clause on elasticsearch NEST. But it is returning 400 if I am passing large number in clause values. In my case it is 1200 values. I am fetching large number of data and using scroll for that .. here I am sharing the code

public IEnumerable<EmployeeDetail> GetDetails(IEnumerable<int> employeeIds)
        {
            var details = new List<EmployeeDetail>();

var scanResults = ESClient().Search<EmployeeDetail>(s => s
                                .From(0)
                                .Size(10000)
                                .Index("myindex")
                                .Type("employeedetail")
                                .Query(q => q.Terms(t => t
                                              .Field(x => x.EmployeeId)
                                              .Terms(employeeIds))) //count for employeeIds can be 100, 500 or 1200 or more 
                                .Scroll("2s")
                              );

if (!scanResults.IsValid)
            {
                throw new System.Web.HttpException(101, scanResults.DebugInformation);
            }

details = scanResults.Documents.ToList();
            var scrolls = 0;
            var results = ESClient().Scroll<EmployeeDetail>("4s", scanResults.ScrollId);
            details.AddRange(results.Documents.ToList());

while (results.Documents.Any())
            {
                results = ESClient().Scroll<EmployeeDetail>("4s", results.ScrollId);
                details.AddRange(results.Documents.ToList());
                scrolls++;
            }

return details;
}

The query is working fine with 300+, 500+, but when number is 1000+ (1024) then I am getting this error:

Invalid NEST response built from a unsuccessful low level call on POST: /myindex/employeedetail/_search?scroll=2s # Audit trail of this API call: - [1] BadResponse: Node: http://localhost:9200/ Took: 00:00:00.0924061 # ServerError: ServerError: 400Type: search_phase_execution_exception Reason: "all shards failed" # OriginalException: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Elasticsearch.Net.HttpConnection.Request[TReturn](RequestData requestData) # Request: <Request stream not captured or already read to completion by serializer. Set DisableDirectStreaming() on ConnectionSettings to force it to be set on the response.> # Response: <Response stream not captured or already read to completion by serializer. Set DisableDirectStreaming() on ConnectionSettings to force it to be set on the response.>

Please share suggestions, how to handle this.

Anyone? ... I breaked the value list and applied terms like this .. this is working

.Query(q => q.Terms(t => t .Field(x => x.EmployeeId) .Terms(employeeIds.Skip(0).Take(1024))) ||
            q.Terms(t => t .Field(x => x.EmployeeId) .Terms(employeeIds.Skip(1024).Take(1024)))
)

Now I am not able to figure out the way to pass the query dynamically with 'or' ..

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.