How to mark an event as "Looked At" in Logstash

So I am querying Logstash with this query, which returns all the things off of the top of the stack:

{
"query": {
"match_all": { }
},
"size": 7,
"_source": {
"includes": [ "transport", "dest", "packet_source", "id_orig_p", "id_orig_p", "id_orig_h", "conn_state", "id_resp_h", "id_resp_p", "service", "proto" ]
} ,
"sort": [
  {
    "@timestamp": {
    "order": "desc"
  }
}
] 
} 

However, as I query the data then I get duplicates if there is no new data coming in. Is there a way to mark each unique event id as "LookedAt" with an integer field or something?

I need to do this to reduce the garbage collection of my queries in C#, but storing all the ID's and doing string comparisons is pretty heavy, and seems unnecessary when I have Logstash.

Hmmm. Even though your question is Logstash-related, this is more appropriately asked in the Elasticsearch discussion group, as it is about an Elasticsearch query.

The short answer is no, however. What you are describing would require either:

1. Writing an extra boolean field to each "read" event, which is a delete-then-reindex operation for each document altered, or
  2. Pulling all results to a temporary space, and then tracking what has been read locally, by whatever means are available in that local space.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.