How to migrate data from Elasticsearch on AWS EC2 to AWS ElasticSearch Service?

Hello,
I have 2 EC2 instance which i setup Elasticsearch.
Now, I want to migrate to AWS Elasticsearch Service of AWS.
Please help me to migrate...

I read many articles, they suggest:

1. Backup snapshot from Elasticsearch on EC2 to S3.
  2. Restore snapshot from S3 to AWS Elasticsearch Service.
    But when I restore snapshot from S3 to AWS Elasticsearch Service, I got an issue:

[s3_repository] [[BV2WQeK0SwmVVyUl5UqITg, 'BlobStoreException[Failed to check if blob [master.dat] exists]; nested: AmazonS3Exception[Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: 111FA55AE6552692; S3 Extended Request ID: cfMuh5oCt0BfznYke8vkzZuWmOUAHyEGOgwqPfcumamUeEmNmlRy21NNTDRtp+UjLyO4G0vBnj4=)];'], [zqWMuQ8HR-CF-t72BLeMng, 'RemoteTransportException[[zqWMuQ8][x.x.x.x:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: BlobStoreException[Failed to check if blob [master.dat] exists]; nested: NotSerializableExceptionWrapper[amazon_s3_exception: Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: 1873B026CD272CC2; S3 Extended Request ID: oxVrIbRCOVrGV367qnisXGkQVeUqRSo4LG9pQguucOkarND8tibMqforW/HygA8c2BrpYY3mjW4=)];']]

and Mr. @rjernst say that: The error message means you have configured a different endpoint than the region the bucket exists in.

Did you look at https://www.elastic.co/cloud and https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01N6YCISK ?

Cloud by elastic is one way to have access to all features, all managed by us. Think about what is there yet like Security, Monitoring, Reporting, SQL and what is coming like Canvas...

We will use AWS Elasticsearch Service.

I got that. I was just telling you that there is a better alternative which is also running on AWS.

I don't know if you can use the S3 repository plugin in AWS offer and how.

Another alternative is to use reindex from remote feature.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.