How to parse logs in same order as in log files

(Yoga Sarathi) #1

I configured my ELK setup with 1 index.It collects logs from 25 machines. The average log event count is 2.5 lacs/3 hrs. Every 5 min 5000 event parsing sometimes it increase.

My configuration like Filebeat => Logstash => Elasticsearch(single cluster with 1 node) => Kibana

I have event order mismatch problem.How to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.

This is my actual order of logs:

[[0m^[[0m04:07:34,117 INFO  [com.  .knowledgebase.ejb.KnowledgeBaseSingleton] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) 1 of 3 KnowledgeBase::26_  _UI_WF Created in serverGroup::26_  _RRFW

[[0m^[[0m04:07:36,101 INFO  [com.  .knowledgebase.ejb.KnowledgeBaseSingleton] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) 2 of 3 KnowledgeBase::26_  _FORMS Created in serverGroup::26_  _RRFW

[[0m^[[0m04:07:39,238 INFO  [com.  .knowledgebase.ejb.KnowledgeBaseSingleton] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) 3 of 3 KnowledgeBase::26_  _RATE_RRF Created in serverGroup::26_  _RRFW

I have attached screenshot of my misaligned logs.

(Mark Walkom) #2

You need to use the date filter in Logstash to make sure that the event timestamp is the main one in Elasticsearch.

(Yoga Sarathi) #3

Hi warkolm,
can you please give me an example?
my logs time zone is different from my access location.

My event log separated by grok filter including time.

FYR,

grok {
    match          => [
                      "message", "%{TIME:time} %{LOGLEVEL:level}\s+\[%{JAVACLASS:class}\] \((?<thread>[^)]+)\) %{GREEDYDATA:message}",
                      "message", "%{NUMBER:procsec:float} %{IP:clientip} %{DATA:logname} %{DATA:user} \[%{HTTPDATE:time}\] %{DATA:method} %{DATA:requestpath} %{DATA:httpversion} %{DATA:respstatus} %{DATA:bytesent} ((- %{GREEDYDATA:cookie})|(%{GREEDYDATA:cookie}))"
                      ]
    overwrite      => ["message"]
    tag_on_failure => ["JBOSSLG_grok"]
    add_tag => ["JBOSSLG"]
    }

(Mark Walkom) #4

Check out https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/6.2/plugins-filters-date.html, just make sure you set the target field to the time one you have groked out.

(Yoga Sarathi) #5

Hi Warkolm,
My actual problem is I am not getting events with logs time order. It shows events with kibana UI's Timestamp.
After I groked out, I used date filter with target time.

date {
   match => ["time", "HH:mm:ss.SSS" ]
   target => "time"
      }

I have attached my logs. I marked my jboss logs timestamp with red which is in mismatched order.Suggest me to resolve this or give me an example for this.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.