How to properly shutdown an input plugin

(Denis Jannot) #1

I'm trying to modify an input plugin to stop under some conditions, but when I execute the stop function, it generates an exception.
How can I shutdown properly ?

(Magnus Bäck) #2

What's the exception?

(Denis Jannot) #3

Hi Magnus,

Here is the exception when I call the stop function:
[2017-01-30T17:27:09,796][WARN ][logstash.agent ] stopping
pipeline {:id=>"main"}
[2017-01-30T17:27:09,808][FATAL][logstash.runner ] An unexpected
error occurred! {:error=>#<ThreadError: killed thread>,
:backtrace=>["org/jruby/RubyThread.java:836:in wakeup'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/stud-0.0.22/lib/stud/interval.rb:44:instop!'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-input-s3/lib/logstash/inputs/s3.rb:167:in
stop'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/inputs/base.rb:89:indo_stop'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:in each'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:408:inshutdown'",
"/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:317:in stop_pipeline'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:330:inshutdown_pipelines'", "org/jruby/RubyHash.java:1342:in each'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:330:inshutdown_pipelines'",
"/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:138:in shutdown'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:274:inexecute'",
"/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67:in
run'", "/opt/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:178:inrun'",
"/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:132:in
run'", "/opt/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:71:in(root)'"]}

Best regards

(Magnus Bäck) #4

And if you post the logs as preformatted text so the exception message isn't mangled out of existence?

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.