How to remove /n characters from index

Hi,

I am working on ES 6.3.X and I am using a external web crawler to crawl the data and when I check the index it has a lot of new line characters. Is there any suggestions to avoid the new line characters.

\tAbout\n\tSchools\n\tProspective Students\n\tGalleries\n\tNews\n\tEvents\n\tFaculty & Staff\n\tContact\n\n\n                        \n\n                        \n                            \n                                \n                                    \n                                \n                                \n                                    \n                                \n                                \n                                \n                                    \n                                \n                                \n                                    \n                                \n                            \n\n                        \n\n                        \n                            \n                                \n\n                                \n\n                                \n\n                            \n\n                        \n\n\n                        \n\n                    \n\n                \n\n            \n\n\n            \n                \n                    \n                        About\n                    \n                    \n                        Schools\n                    \n                    \n                        Prospective Students\n                    \n                    \n                        Galleries\n                    \n                    \n                        News\n                    \n                    \n                        Events\n

Why not solving that in your crawler directly?

I tried in my crawler but I have a limited resources on that. That's the reason I posted here whether any solution for that in elastic search side.

Hi,

You can look a filters to add to your mapping, in my project I have a filter like this one for special chars:

Doc: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/6.4/analysis-custom-analyzer.html#_configuration_8

"char_filter" : {
            "custom-quotes" : {
                "mappings" : [
                    "\\u0091=>\\u0027",
                    "\\u0092=>\\u0027",
                    "\\u2018=>\\u0027",
                    "\\u2019=>\\u0027",
                    "\\u201B=>\\u0027",
                    "\\uFF07=>\\u0027"
                ],
                "type" : "mapping"
            }
		}

bye,
Xavier

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.