How to return subset of nested aggregation objects?

Hi everyone,
I have Product documents that have nested Attributes. Each Product document has a full set of nested Attributes, but I would like to control which Attributes get returned.

I thought I could use a QueryContainer that is a list of all Attributes that I would like to return in the aggregation, like this:

QueryContainer attDisplay = null;
        foreach (ESAttribute attribute in category.Attributes)
            attDisplay |= new TermQuery() { Field = "attributes.attributeId", Value = attribute.AttributeID };

But I'm not sure how to use it.

Here is my attribute aggregation which returns all Attributes for the Products. I am filtering the Product documents by categories and manufacturers here, but I want to be able to filter the nested "attributes" by the query above. I don't want to filter the parent Product documents, but filter the nested Attribute aggregation that gets returned. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

.Aggregations(agg => agg
    .Filter("att_agg", cf => cf
        .Filter(f => f
            .Bool(b => b
                .Must(ms =>
                    ms.Nested(n => n.Path("categories").Query(q => q.Bool(b1 => b1.Must(m => catQuery || m.Strict(catQuery == null))))) &&
                    ms.Nested(n => n.Path("manufacturer").Query(q => q.Bool(b1 => b1.Must(m => manQuery || m.Strict(manQuery == null)))))
                )
            )
        )
        .Aggregations(a => a
            .Nested("att_nest", n => n
                .Path("attributes")
                .Aggregations(a1 => a1.Terms("agg_attNames", f1 => f1.Field("attributes.idName").Size(5)
                    .Aggregations(a2 => a2.Terms("agg_attValues", f2 => f2.Field("attributes.attributeValue").Size(5))))
                )
            )
        )
    )
)

These questions stand a better chance of being solved if they are expressed in the JSON syntax rather than a particular language client (I'm guessing c# here?). That way we can run them in curl or Sense without too much setup.