How to Run Multiple conf on same machine?

Hi Experts,

It seems this question has been asked multiple times like here . I was aware that I can use a separate logstash folder all together and can run another conf . But this is really not acceptable in my case because I have to run 10 different conf fils. I do not want to create new Logstash folder every time I need to run different conf file , can't I handle this using single logstash.yml file . Doc says we can but how not clear.

Please let me know what else needs to be changed in the below logstash.yml file

node.name: test
path.data: /opt/ls/logstash/data
path.data: /opt/ls/logstash/data1

Here I am using a node name test , and it has 2 path.data . Now when I am running second logstash conf file I am getting same error

Logstash could not be started because there is already another instance using the configured data directory. If you wish to run multiple instances, you must change the "path.data" setting.

1 Like

You can't have two path.data settings in the same logstash.yml. The path.data setting can be overridden via a command-line argument so you can have a single logstash.yml and just invoke Logstash and pass a currently-unused data directory as an argument.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.