How to run source builded elasticsearch?

i checkout out elasticsearch sources with version v2.4.6, then compile sources using command:

mvn clean install -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -DskipTests

then i execute ./bin/elasticsearch, but failed, follow is the error infomation:

@MacBook-Pro-2:~/Documents/idea_java/elasticsearch/distribution/tar/target/bin$ ./elasticsearch
Exception in thread "main" ElasticsearchException[Failed to load logging configuration]; nested: NoSuchFileException[/Users/yangshengbing/Documents/idea_java/elasticsearch/distribution/tar/target/config];
Likely root cause: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/yangshengbing/Documents/idea_java/elasticsearch/distribution/tar/target/config
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(UnixFileAttributeViews.java:55)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.readAttributes(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:144)
at java.nio.file.Files.readAttributes(Files.java:1737)
at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.getAttributes(FileTreeWalker.java:225)
at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.visit(FileTreeWalker.java:276)
at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.walk(FileTreeWalker.java:322)
at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2662)
at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.log4j.LogConfigurator.resolveConfig(LogConfigurator.java:142)
at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.log4j.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:103)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:259)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:45)
Refer to the log for complete error details.

Once you have the package version like the tar, you need to "install" it, ie untar the file in another dir, then launch.

May I ask why you'd like to compile an old version which will not change in the future?

after version 5.X, elasticsearch uses gradle as the build managemeng tool. i checked out version 6.0.0 and version v6.2.4, both build failed because can not download some dependencies. i did not ever use gradle, but i am familier with maven, and v2.4.6 build success.

yes, i execute the ./bin/elasticsearch start program is undown untared dir . according the error infomation, it seems like that eslapsed config dir and config files?

But why not just downloading the version from elastic.co website?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.