How to secure elasticsearch on kubernetes

Hello, i have ELK deployed on a k8s cluster with helm charts. i wanted to add security to Elasticsearch so i can add users and control the access. but since i'm new to ELK i didn't know how or i found a good solution for it.

i added these lines in Elasticsearch values.yml file :

esConfig: 
  elasticsearch.yml: |
    xpack.security.enabled: true
    xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled: true
    xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: full
    xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path: /usr/share/elasticsearch/config/certs-gen/keystore.p12
    xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path: /usr/share/elasticsearch/config/certs-gen/keystore.p12

i know adding these lines alone isn't enough, but what am i supposed to add after this.

any help on this ? thanks for reading

Have u looked at Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [2.2] | Elastic at all? It handles security fo u.

With ECK, u really don't need any additional settings as ECK will setup all the certificates and stuff for u. I'd just do exactly what the docs walk u through and then u can start to make config changes once ur up and running.

hello @legoguy1000 i actually installed ECK and it worked like a charm didn't need to configure security and it's very flexible to use thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.