How to set up alerts triggered by an unknown factor?

Hello experts,

I would like to set up an alert that follows a logic like:

Trigger when:text:"ErrorCode: 1036", IP count > 5, now-1h, where the IP is an unknown constant.

I end up where I always need to specify the IP in advance or manually review a dashboard to get the information that I want rather than have it as an automated watcher alert.

Is it possible to modify the following watcher alert set up for a known specified IP to trigger for count >5 for an unknown IP ?

Ex.
//
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [
{
"query_string": {
"query": "application_name: "auth" AND level: "ERROR" AND text: "ErrorCode: 1036"",
"analyze_wildcard": true,
"default_field": "*"
}
},
{
"match_phrase": {
"remote_address": {
"query": "185.188.92.1"
}
}
},
{
"range": {
"@timestamp": {
"gte": "now-1h",
"lte": "now"
}
}
}
]
}
}
}
}
}
},
"condition": {
"compare": {
"ctx.payload.hits.total": {
"gte": 5
}
}
},

//
Thanks in advance for any help on this!

try using an aggregation, that aggregates on the IP, so that you can see if there is a bucket, with a document count > 5... if there is one or more ip addresses with a count greater than five you will see it.

Hi Alexander,

Than you for your input

If I understand you correctly and translate this into the Alert format, I get something like this:

//
"input": {
"search": {
"request": {
"search_type": "query_then_fetch",
"indices": [
":egencialogs-"
],
"types": ,
"body": {
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [
{
"query_string": {
"query": "application_name:"auth" AND level:"ERROR" AND text:"ErrorCode: 1036" AND text:"ErrorMessage"",
"analyze_wildcard": true,
"default_field": "*"
}
},
{
"range": {
"@timestamp": {
"gte": "now-1h",
"lte": "now"
}
}
}
]
}
},
"aggs": {
"ip_count": {
"terms": {
"field": "remote_address"
}
}
}
}
}
}
},
"condition": {
"compare": {
"ctx.payload.aggregations.ip_count.buckets.0.doc_count": {
"gte": 5
}
}
},

//

My simulations works without errors, but did not trigger (yet, if done correctly as intended)

I am not entirely sure if my condition: ""ctx.payload.aggregations.ip_count.buckets.0.doc_count": {
"gte": 5"

• Is this how it should be written?

Tobias

you can use the Execute Watch API to configure an alternative input, that should make your condition trigger in order to check if everything is working.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.