How to skip some lines from a log file without skipping the complete message

Hello Everyone!

I'm working with a file that has some lines that I want to skip when they come to logstash.

These are a sample of the log lines:

> 15Jan20 11:34:10.39 PRHTGRCE MXP1 RACF CONNECT success for PRHTGRCE: CONNECT C067684
>    Jobname + id: PRHTGRCE
>    RACF command: CONNECT C067684 AUTHORITY(USE) GROUP(ATRBO01) NOADSP NOAUDITOR NOGRPACC NOOPERATIONS NOSPECIAL OWNER(ATRBO01) RESUME UACC(NONE)
>    Name        : USER PARA GRUPO CER    Instdata    : USUARIO PARA LA CONEXION DE GRUPOS RACF REP. OSI
> 
>  15Jan20 11:34:14.61 PRHTGRCE MXP1 RACF ALTUSER success for PRHTGRCE: ALTUSER C110250
>    RACF command: ALTUSER C110250 NOUAUDIT
>    Name        : USER PARA GRUPO CER    Instdata    : USUARIO PARA LA CONEXION DE GRUPOS RACF REP. OSI
> 1zSecure Audit for RACF user events  15Jan20 00:31 to 15Jan20 18:36                                                         list   51
>  SMF records for all users with successful commandswq
> 
>  Date/time           User     Sys  Description
> 
>  15Jan20 11:34:15.14 PRHTGRCE MXP1 RACF CONNECT success for PRHTGRCE: CONNECT C110250
>    RACF command: CONNECT C110250 AUTHORITY(USE) GROUP(ATRBO01) NOADSP NOAUDITOR NOGRPACC NOOPERATIONS NOSPECIAL OWNER(ATRBO01) RESUME UACC(NONE)

15Jan20 11:51:28.40 PRHTGRCE MXP1 RACF ALTUSER success for PRHTGRCE: ALTUSER C067734
1zSecure Audit for RACF user events  15Jan20 00:31 to 15Jan20 18:36                                                         list   52
 SMF records for all users with successful commands

Date/time           User     Sys  Description
   Jobname + id: PRHTGRCE
   RACF command: ALTUSER C067734 NOUAUDIT
   Name        : USER PARA GRUPO CER    Instdata    : USUARIO PARA LA CONEXION DE GRUPOS RACF REP. OSI

The thing that I'm looking for is to omit the next lines:

1zSecure Audit for RACF user events  15Jan20 00:31 to 15Jan20 18:36                                                         list   51
>  SMF records for all users with successful commandswq
> 
>  Date/time           User     Sys  Description

without skipping the above or the continue of the log data. It suppose that the info that I want to omit are header of a report, this headers comes paste with the logs

Each log line starts with the date

15Jan20 11:34:15.14

I used the next config to try to skip all the lines that came with those variables, but it skips the whole message.

input {
    file {
        path => [ "/home/linux/Downloads/reporte_mf" ]
        start_position => "beginning"
        sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
        codec => multiline {
        pattern => "(?<date>\s\d+\d+\w+\d\d\s\d+:\d+:\d+.\d+)"
        negate => true
        what => previous

}
    }
}
# The filter part of this file is commented out to indicate that it is
# optional.
 filter {
      grok{
              match => { "message" => "\s(?<date>\d\d\w+\d\d\s\d+:\d+:\d+.\d+)\s" }

}

if [message] =~ /(1zSecure.+| SMF records for all users with successful commands| Date\/time.+)/ {
         drop {} }
}

output {

stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

For example, if in the message the confing finds some of the lines I want to skip, it omit that message, not only the lines I want to skip

Is it possible to erase or omit those lines of the log, without skipping the complete message?

If there are specific lines you want to omit from events you could use mutate+gsub to remove them.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.