How to solve this error

(Aman Khan) #1

method [POST], host [http://localhost:9200], URI [/euronews/mytable/1266?pretty=true], status line [HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request]
{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "mapper_parsing_exception",
"reason" : "failed to parse"
}
],
"reason" : "failed to parse",
"caused_by" : {
"type" : "json_parse_exception",
"reason" : "Unexpected character ('f' (code 102)): was expecting comma to separate Object entries\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.common.bytes.BytesReference$MarkSupportingStreamInputWrapper@77d3355e; line: 2, column: 45]"
}
},
"status" : 400
}

(George) #2

Can you show the body of the mapping?

(Aman Khan) #3

{
"euronews": {
"aliases": {},
"mappings": {
"mytable": {
"properties": {
"body": {
"type": "text",
"analyzer": "std_english"
},
"lineNo": {
"type": "long"
}
}
}
}

(George) #4

You don't need to provide the index name in the body, and you've got a few extra close braces in there as well. Try this:

PUT euronews
{
  "aliases": {
  }, 
  "mappings": {
    "mytable": {
      "properties": {
        "body": {
          "type": "text",
          "analyzer": "std_english"
        },
        "lineNo": {
          "type": "long"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I had to change the analyser to english but that created the index on my machine.

Hope this helps.

(Aman Khan) #5

what about this error:

{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"reason" : "failed to parse"
}
],
"reason" : "failed to parse",
"caused_by" : {
"type" : "json_parse_exception",
"reason" : "Unexpected character ('t' (code 116)): was expecting comma to separate Object entries\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.common.bytes.BytesReference$MarkSupportingStreamInputWrapper@69c6b504; line: 2, column: 15]"
}
},
"status" : 400
}

(George) #6

Are you indexing a document or creating a mapping? In the first post, the URL looks like you're indexing a document but the error made me think you're creating a mapping using the wrong API.

If you're indexing, can you show the body of the document you're trying to index? There's likely a problem in the body of the request.

(Aman Khan) #7

i am trying to enter data into my index using a program in java but it fails due to presence of "" and ' in body part of my data.the id part is ok. so could you help me with some code to insert data to my index in python or java