How to use filebeat and logstash for different log

/var/log/message

Oct 30 09:04:35 ci04 dbus-daemon: dbus[616]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.problems'
/var/log/tomcat/catalina.out

[INFO ] [2018-10-29 16:44:30,945] [DubboServerHandler-172.1.0.53:20880-thread-38] [RedisConnManager:109] [181029000400931071] [181029000400931071]- [reids:1]

anyidea?thanks...

Hi @aabababba,

I'm not sure of understanding your question. For log messages you can use the system module. For tomcat there is no module yet, for it you could use just a log input, or create your own pipeline to parse these lines. If you do it you can consider creating a new filebeat module and contributing it :slight_smile:

my filebeat.yml

filebeat.prospectors:
- type: log
  enabled: true
  paths:
    - /var/log/*.log
- type: log
  enabled: true
  paths:
    - /opt/apache-tomcat/logs/*
  tags: ["catalina"]
  document_type: catalina
  fields:
     type: catalina
  fields_under_root: true
filebeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml
  reload.enabled: false
setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 3
setup.kibana:
output.logstash:
  hosts: ["172.16.0.2:5044"]

my logstash.yml

input {
       beats {
       add_field => {"beatType" => "metricbeat"}
        port => "5043"
       }
        beats {
        add_field => {"beatType" => "filebeat"}
         port => "5044"
        }
}
filter {
    mutate {
       add_field => { "remote_ip" => "%{[@metadata][ip_address]}" }
    }

if [type]=="catalina"{
   grok {
        match => {
            "message" => "\[%{LOGLEVEL:loglevel}\]  \[%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:access_time}\] \[%{DATA:exception_info}\] - \[%{GREENYDATA:msg}\]"
        }
        pattern_definitions => {
            "MESSAGE" => "[\s\S]*"
        }
    }
    date {
        match => [ "access_time","yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS" ]
    }
    mutate {
        remove_field => ["access_time","[message][0]"]
    }
   }
}

output {
if [beatType] == "metricbeat" {

elasticsearch {
        hosts => ["172.16.0.2:9200"]
    index => "metricbeat-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
    }
}
if [beatType] == "filebeat" {

elasticsearch {
    index => "filebeat-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
    }
}  

}

this not work, loglevel ->info error warn debug can't index...

What is exactly not working?

In your config I see that field type is set to catalina, but the grok pattern is applied if [Type]=="tomcat".

I also see you are using two different ports for beats input, this is fine but if you are doing it only to add a field to be able to separate events in different indexes, take into account that you can also use @metadata in the index name:

output {
        elasticsearch {
                index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{[@metadata][version]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
        }
}

Notice that it is recommended to version the indexes, so you can have multiple beats versions using different index templates.

thank you. I change the if [Type]=="catalina",but still not work,the issue is I set the log-level keyword,and '[INFO ]' this can't show in the log-level.
sorry, my English just so so...

You are setting the type all lowercase, try to use it also with lowercase in the condition if [type]=="catalina".

Regarding the grok pattern, what kind of log lines do you want to match?
The pattern you are writing starts with timestamp:

%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:access_time} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} [%{DATA:exception_info}] - <%{MESSAGE:message}>

But the catalina log line you pasted at the begining starts with the log level:

[INFO ] [2018-10-29 16:44:30,945] [DubboServerHandler-172.1.0.53:20880-thread-38] [RedisConnManager:109] [181029000400931071] [181029000400931071]- [reids:1]

These tools can help you to build or test grok patterns:

sorry,my mistake,but I change it like this,still not work,loglevel and msg do not have data.

"message" =>  " \[%{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} \] \[%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:logtime}\] \[%{DATA:exception_info}\] \[%{DATA:exception_info1}\] \[%{DATA:exception_info2}\] \[%{DATA:exception_info3}\]- \[%{DATA:msg}\]"

It seems that your grok pattern is not able to parse this log line, if you look at the tags, the _grokparsefailure one has been added, this happens when grok patterns are not able to parse the log line.

thanks you very much,I get it, grok mistake!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.