How to write to ES from a pyspark dataframe?

I am not having any luck figuring out this. On the docs there is code to read from ES not to write to ES. Can someone provide some documentation or examples?

Which version of Spark are you using?

Thanks for the reply. I am using the spark-1.5.1-bin-hadoop2.6.tgz version downloaded from the spark site. The setup seems to work fine, I am just not sure how the code to write to ES would look like.

What I found to write to ES from pyspark is to use saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile as showed below.

However this does not work for me with a dataframe.

> type(query)
pyspark.sql.dataframe.DataFrame
> conf = {"es.resource.write" : "logs/messages",
        "es.nodes"    : "elasticsearch.domain.com:9200"
       }
> query.rdd.saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile(
    path='-', 
    outputFormatClass="org.elasticsearch.hadoop.mr.EsOutputFormat",
    keyClass="org.apache.hadoop.io.NullWritable", 
    valueClass="org.elasticsearch.hadoop.mr.LinkedMapWritable", 
    conf=conf)

I get this error:

Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling z:org.apache.spark.api.python.PythonRDD.saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile.
: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 10.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 10.0 (TID 254, 10.244.10.114): net.razorvine.pickle.PickleException: expected zero arguments for construction of ClassDict (for pyspark.sql.types._create_row)

I'm afraid my pyspark experience is not vast enough to answer this question. It seems to be related to a class in Spark that cannot be properly created but I'm unclear way. Maybe the Spark list can provide more information...