I am getting "json_parse_exception"

$ curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-ndjson' -XPOST 'localhost:9200/_bulk?pretty' --data-binary @satendra.log
{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "json_parse_exception",
"reason" : "Illegal character ((CTRL-CHAR, code 27)): only regular white space (\r, \n, \t) is allowed between tokens\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.transport.netty4.ByteBufStreamInput@1ed16062; line: 1, column: 2]"
}
],
"type" : "json_parse_exception",
"reason" : "Illegal character ((CTRL-CHAR, code 27)): only regular white space (\r, \n, \t) is allowed between tokens\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.transport.netty4.ByteBufStreamInput@1ed16062; line: 1, column: 2]"
},
"status" : 500
}

can anyone tell me the reason and solution....please

Obviously you have a syntax error in your JSON. Show us the contents of satendra.log.

So why are you sending that log file to Elasticsearch? What is your intension?

P.S.
There are some (possibly) private IP adresses, hostnames and emails in that log, I recommend you to edit your post and remove/redact them.

1 Like

Thank you Sir,

Actually I decided to remove once I get the solution but as per your suggestion I will remove it now.

I need to store all log files in ELASTIC SEARCH through logstash and then I need to see them in Kibana

as of now I dont have filebeat option. could you help to me

Make sure that the contents of the satendra.log is valid JSON. You can't just insert arbitrary contents. You have to format those contents in a key-value way using the JSON format. Please read the documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.