Ignoring all attributes that end with className

(John D. Ament) #1

My application is using jackson for object serialization. We have many annotations, and one adds a class attribute to the JSON to identify what type of object is being stored or retrieved.

We're now storing these structures in ElasticSearch. I was wondering if there's a way to tell elasticsearch to ignore all of these class attributes (since they're all over the document) instead of having to map each one individually.

(Mark Walkom) #2

You can tell ES to not store and not index it via a mapping (if I understand what you want that is).

(John D. Ament) #3

For a few reasons, I don't want to modify the mappings yet. I'm thinking that a multi match query with partial field names of what I do want to search on is what I'm looking for https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-multi-match-query.html however, I need partial word search (e.g. if the text is bob and query is ob that should return).

(John D. Ament) #4

Anyways I did get this part working using a multi match and a wildcard field name. I have other questions, other topics.

(system) #5