I would like to ask an ILM related issue.
- The index is being deleted with ilm and it is working, but from a certain moment, the initial 0000001 index is created in the indices that are suddenly well rolled over, and there is only an empty index while ilm keeps creating new indexes.
[Probable cause of the problem]
no rollover info found for [my-index-000001] with alias [my-alias]” The number of problematic indices is increasing, all of them have doc count 0, and there are higher numbered indices that are being rolled over
java.lang.IllegalStateException: no rollover info found for [index-000001] with rollover target [index], the index has not yet rolled over with that target at org.elasticsearch.xpack.core.ilm.UpdateRolloverLifecycleDateStep.performAction(UpdateRolloverLifecycleDateStep.java:60) at org.elasticsearch.xpack.ilm.ExecuteStepsUpdateTask.execute(ExecuteStepsUpdateTask.java:98) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.ClusterStateUpdateTask.execute(ClusterStateUpdateTask.java:48) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.MasterService.executeTasks(MasterService.java:691) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.MasterService.calculateTaskOutputs(MasterService.java:313) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.MasterService.runTasks(MasterService.java:208) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.MasterService.access$000(MasterService.java:62) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.MasterService$Batcher.run(MasterService.java:140) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.TaskBatcher.runIfNotProcessed(TaskBatcher.java:139) at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.TaskBatcher$BatchedTask.run(TaskBatcher.java:177) at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:673) at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAndClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:241) at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:204) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831)
- If there is a cluster failure or a problem with the node, there is a problem that RolloverInfo, one of the index metadata, cannot be received.
- If the index template is not created or the alias does not work, there is a problem that the RolloverInfo cannot be received if there is a problem with the running task.
[How I tried to solve it]
- Forcefully set ILM step to set-indexing-complete -> Enter delete phase the next time you run ILM and it will be deleted. -> The corresponding index is created again when inspecting ilm
- Forced ILM step to delete -> Deleted immediately. -> The corresponding index is created again when inspecting ilm
- Forced index to be deleted -> The corresponding index is created again when inspecting ilm
my elastic version is 7.13.3. Has anyone experienced this issue?