In ELK 6.0 version, where can I see shards ? Looks like I can't install Elastic-Head plugin which can give this information

In ELK 6.0 version, where can I see shards and all the nodes in the cluster ? Looks like I can't install Elastic-Head plugin which can give this information starting from ELK 5.0 version.

I am using ELK 6.0 on windows 8 OS.

Thank You

What do you want to look at exactly? Do you have X-Pack with a basic license for the Monitoring functionality?

Also FYI we’ve renamed ELK to the Elastic Stack, otherwise Beats and APM feel left out! :wink: Check out https://www.elastic.co/elk-stack

Mark,

I want to see the list of data nodes (like we see in Microsoft HPC) in a cluster and how many shards and their corresponding indices and Types are stored on the data nodes.

Right now I have my windows 8 laptop which has Elastic search instance, Logstash and Kibana running all on one machine. In real world, I am sure there will multiple data nodes to save data.

Is Xpack the admin tool that gives the information of the cluster and its nodes? Is Xpack a plugin?

Yes to all of that.

See Elastic Stack: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats & Logstash | Elastic

2 Likes

Thanks Mark. I will go ahead and install Xpack on my single node just for experience sake.

Kind regards

Mark,

I was able to install Xpack and I am happy now.

thank you very much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.