In Scripted Field 'Create Field' grayed out and 'Name' input box missing only for some index patterns

I'm trying to create a scripted field for an index. For my 'dev-logs' index it works great, but for my 'logs' index, the UI won't let me save the scripted field since the button is greyed out. Also weirdly there is no option to set a name in the broken index. When I preview the script, both indices work fine. I queries for all index settings and the only difference between them is the name and time created, so I'm not sure why it would work on one but not the other. There is no error or indication of what is wrong.

This is Kibana 7.4.2 and Elasticsearch 7.4. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Elasticsearch 7.4 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

The index pattern that is not working has a wildcard at the end while the other does not. Could it be that the wildcard makes the pattern match additional indices that prevent it from working?

1 Like

Thanks Christian, that's a good idea. I checked another index which has a wildcard and it worked. I also checked a 4th without the wildcard and it didn't work. So it doesn't seem to be related. But I also have no idea what the wildcard is indicating.

I would chack which indices that match the different patterns and see if there sre any patterns around when they were created etc.

For what it's worth, I'm able to run a script against the index with the API (using link below), but it just seems to be an issue saving it as a field or something related to Kibana.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.