Include_type_name deprecation when making Index Templates in V7.x

Hi,

We are defining mappings within index templates in Elastic. In V6.x, I could PUT the following JSON to make a template:

Now when I try to create the same exact template in V7.x, I get the error message:
{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "mapper_parsing_exception",
"reason": "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [item : {properties={search_all={search_analyzer=search_analyzer, analyzer=index_analyzer, type=text}}}]"
}
],
"reason": "Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [item : {properties={search_all={search_analyzer=search_analyzer, analyzer=index_analyzer, type=text}}}]",
"caused_by": {
"reason": "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [item : {properties={search_all={search_analyzer=search_analyzer, analyzer=index_analyzer, type=text}}}]"
}
},
"status": 400
}

Can I set include_type_name to true within my template? How do I migrate the mappings from my templates into V7.x?

Thanks

Please don't post images of text as they are hardly readable and not searchable.

Instead paste the text and format it with </> icon. Check the preview window.

For example here I can't copy and paste and give you a solution ready to use.
Anyway, you need to remove "item" key.

Sorry about that. Thank you, it works!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.