Including only the multilines for the output

Hi,

I am trying to make use of filebeat to only report the exceptions/java stack traces in the log files.
So my use case is to ignore all other lines thats are not multiline.

11:18:53:252253|3248-00183:PERSISTENCE: HibernateSessionManagerImpl {WARN} Action {commitTransaction} Thread {pool-99-thread-4}
org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:96)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)
... 7 more
11:18:53:550764|0178-00173:WE: WEXEC {INFO} Action {Workflow Done} Workflow {AccountWiseTradeProcessingSubProcess.AccountWiseTradeProcessingWorkFlow.2} Executor {AccountWiseTradeProcessingSubProcess}

I want only the below line that is being sent by filebeat to logstah:
11:18:53:252253|3248-00183:PERSISTENCE: HibernateSessionManagerImpl {WARN} Action {commitTransaction} Thread {pool-99-thread-4}
org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:96)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)
... 7 more

Please help me to specify the include_lines and multiline_patern for the problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Does this help? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/6.1/_examples_of_multiline_configuration.html#_java_stack_traces

Thanks for referring me to the tutorial

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.