Index Sorting Nested Fields

Hey all,
I wanted to examine the option to use index sort. I did saw the following message here:
"An error will be thrown if index sorting is activated on an index that contains nested fields".

What does it mean? This error is just a warning or that feature isn't available at all for indices with nested fields?

This feature is really a must for me. Right now I index all my documents twice, for each date field I have: once by action_time field and once for index_time fields. This means I have 2 periodic indices instead of one.

From that doc page you linked:

nested fields are not compatible with index sorting because they rely on the assumption that nested documents are stored in contiguous doc ids, which can be broken by index sorting. An error will be thrown if index sorting is activated on an index that contains nested fields.

I think it's pretty clear: indexes with nested fields/docs are NOT compatible and won't be.

Perhaps if you explain why the feature "is a must" for your use case - better yet, what you're trying to do, volume of data, etc someone with more know-how than me can chime in.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.