IndexMissingException while making a search request in Elastic Search

am new in Elastic Search.I am writing some tests to Search documents but I
am receiving an IndexMissingException [indexed_store_detail] missing.I
create a Node inside my tests.At the start of the test I insert the
document and when I make the following call I get the exception.
SearchResponse response = getClient()
.prepareSearch(getIndexNameV2(), getIndexTypeV2())
.setQuery(QueryBuilders.idsQuery().addIds("1"))
.execute().actionGet();

This is weird because the GetResponse works fine with the same and
literally the same code.What could be wrong ?

GetResponse response = getClient().prepareGet(getIndexNameV2(),
getIndexTypeV2(),"1")
.execute().actionGet();

org.elasticsearch.indices.IndexMissingException: [indexed_store_detail]
missing
at
org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:648)
at
org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:559)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:112)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:70)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:61)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:58)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:48)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction.execute(TransportAction.java:61)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:108)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:43)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction.execute(TransportAction.java:61)
at org.elasticsearch.client.node.NodeClient.execute(NodeClient.java:92)
at
org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.search(AbstractClient.java:214)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:841)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:62)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:57)
at
com.paypal.demandgen.places.search.server.search.TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.parsePassesForSearchResponse(TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.java:49)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:27)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:271)
at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:70)
at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:238)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:63)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:236)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:53)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:229)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:26)
at
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:309)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

You probably need to refresh before trying to search.

http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-refresh.html#indices-refresh

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:52:58, Abhijeet Kushe (abhijeet.kushe@gmail.com) a écrit:

am new in Elastic Search.I am writing some tests to Search documents but I am receiving an IndexMissingException [indexed_store_detail] missing.I create a Node inside my tests.At the start of the test I insert the document and when I make the following call I get the exception.
.execute().actionGet();

This is weird because the GetResponse works fine with the same and literally the same code.What could be wrong ?

GetResponse response = getClient().prepareGet(getIndexNameV2(), getIndexTypeV2(),"1")
.execute().actionGet();

org.elasticsearch.indices.IndexMissingException: [indexed_store_detail] missing
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:648)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:559)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:112)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:70)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:61)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:58)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:48)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction.execute(TransportAction.java:61)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:108)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:43)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction.execute(TransportAction.java:61)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.search(AbstractClient.java:214)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:841)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:62)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:57)
at com.paypal.demandgen.places.search.server.search.TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.parsePassesForSearchResponse(TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.java:49)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:27)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:70)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:26)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/etPan.5335b733.836c40e.16bdd%40MacBook-Air-de-David.local.

I tried calling refresh index but it still gives the same exception.I am
also not clear why GetResponse works for the same document

On Friday, March 28, 2014 1:53:55 PM UTC-4, David Pilato wrote:

Elasticsearch Platform — Find real-time answers at scale | Elastic

--
@dadoonet https://twitter.com/dadoonet | @elasticsearchfrhttps://twitter.com/elasticsearchfr

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:52:58, Abhijeet Kushe (abhijee...@gmail.com<javascript:>)
a écrit:

am new in Elastic Search.I am writing some tests to Search documents but
I am receiving an IndexMissingException [indexed_store_detail] missing.I
create a Node inside my tests.At the start of the test I insert the
document and when I make the following call I get the exception.
.execute().actionGet();

getIndexTypeV2(),"1")
.execute().actionGet();

missing
at
org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:648)
at
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:112)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:70)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:61)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:58)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:48)
at
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:108)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:43)
at
at
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:841)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:62)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:57)
at
com.paypal.demandgen.places.search.server.search.TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.parsePassesForSearchResponse(TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.java:49)
at
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at
at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:70)
at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at
at
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.comhttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/66ef5efe-1da9-4f0c-b7de-238c53143725%40googlegroups.com.

I have no idea. May be looking at your full code could give a clue?

--
David :wink:
Twitter : @dadoonet / @elasticsearchfr / @scrutmydocs

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:59, Abhijeet Kushe abhijeet.kushe@gmail.com a écrit :

I tried calling refresh index but it still gives the same exception.I am also not clear why GetResponse works for the same document

--

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:52:58, Abhijeet Kushe (abhijee...@gmail.com) a écrit:

am new in Elastic Search.I am writing some tests to Search documents but I am receiving an IndexMissingException [indexed_store_detail] missing.I create a Node inside my tests.At the start of the test I insert the document and when I make the following call I get the exception.
.execute().actionGet();

This is weird because the GetResponse works fine with the same and literally the same code.What could be wrong ?

GetResponse response = getClient().prepareGet(getIndexNameV2(), getIndexTypeV2(),"1")
.execute().actionGet();

at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:648)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:559)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:112)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:70)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction$AsyncAction.(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:61)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:58)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchQueryThenFetchAction.java:48)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:108)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.TransportSearchAction.doExecute(TransportSearchAction.java:43)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.search(AbstractClient.java:214)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequestBuilder.doExecute(SearchRequestBuilder.java:841)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:62)
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionRequestBuilder.execute(ActionRequestBuilder.java:57)
at com.paypal.demandgen.places.search.server.search.TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.parsePassesForSearchResponse(TestElasticSearchResponseParserV3toV1.java:49)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:70)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:26)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/66ef5efe-1da9-4f0c-b7de-238c53143725%40googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/B32853DF-04CD-4AA8-A964-109EB0010D50%40pilato.fr.

I cannot share the source code I am afraid and it will take some time to
modify the source code in a way it does not create problems.But do you have
a link for Github Elasticsearch repo where they are testing SearchRequests
that would really help me

On Friday, March 28, 2014 2:30:10 PM UTC-4, David Pilato wrote:

--

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:59, Abhijeet Kushe <abhijee...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
a écrit :

I tried calling refresh index but it still gives the same exception.I am
also not clear why GetResponse works for the same document

--
http://Elasticsearch.com

@dadoonet https://twitter.com/dadoonet | @elasticsearchfrhttps://twitter.com/elasticsearchfr

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:52:58, Abhijeet Kushe (abhijee...@gmail.com) a
écrit:

am new in Elastic Search.I am writing some tests to Search documents
but I am receiving an IndexMissingException [indexed_store_detail]
missing.I create a Node inside my tests.At the start of the test I insert
the document and when I make the following call I get the exception.
.execute().actionGet();

getIndexTypeV2(),"1")
.execute().actionGet();

missing
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at

"elasticsearch" group.
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.comhttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/5ae6d3e8-d132-474a-aa8d-db64faab4548%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
"elasticsearch" group.
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/66ef5efe-1da9-4f0c-b7de-238c53143725%40googlegroups.comhttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/66ef5efe-1da9-4f0c-b7de-238c53143725%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a9920d31-1476-443a-a7a6-b0543e7fde93%40googlegroups.com.

--

Le 28 mars 2014 à 19:46, Abhijeet Kushe abhijeet.kushe@gmail.com a écrit :

I cannot share the source code I am afraid and it will take some time to modify the source code in a way it does not create problems.But do you have a link for Github Elasticsearch repo where they are testing SearchRequests that would really help me

On Friday, March 28, 2014 2:30:10 PM UTC-4, David Pilato wrote:

--

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:59, Abhijeet Kushe abhijee...@gmail.com a écrit :

I tried calling refresh index but it still gives the same exception.I am also not clear why GetResponse works for the same document

--

Le 28 mars 2014 à 18:52:58, Abhijeet Kushe (abhijee...@gmail.com) a écrit:

.execute().actionGet();

.execute().actionGet();

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com.

--

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a9920d31-1476-443a-a7a6-b0543e7fde93%40googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/D89E913C-A92B-49B7-A77B-D4B4151935F7%40pilato.fr.

When you do prepareSearch, I noticed you pass 2 parameters: getIndexNameV2
and getIndexTypeV2. If your intention is to search a type within an index,
you probably want:

.prepareSearch(getIndexNameV2()).setTypes(getIndexTypeV2()).blahblah

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/0d08f3e4-1818-42e4-b33d-4344d18dfc6b%40googlegroups.com.

@Binh Ly that thing worked. It was a ignorance on my part.
On Friday, March 28, 2014 4:19:13 PM UTC-4, Binh Ly wrote:

When you do prepareSearch, I noticed you pass 2 parameters: getIndexNameV2
and getIndexTypeV2. If your intention is to search a type within an index,
you probably want:

.prepareSearch(getIndexNameV2()).setTypes(getIndexTypeV2()).blahblah

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7e9f493a-0d7e-465a-8c4e-114d2b34db8c%40googlegroups.com.