Info message "No config files found in path" - doesn't make any sense

Hi,
I have been using 2 files for a long time
/path/to/logstash1.conf
/path/to/logstash2.conf

When switching to pipelines.yml I get an error that tells me no config files found in path (all correct path and file names)
[2018-01-02T14:20:19,349][INFO ][logstash.config.source.local.configpathloader] No config files found in path {:path=>"/path/to/logstash1.conf"}
[2018-01-02T14:20:19,351][INFO ][logstash.config.source.local.configpathloader] No config files found in path {:path=>"/path/to/logstash2.conf"}

This is wrong because:

1. The files and path to the files are accessible and readable to logstash, to everyone
  2. The files are correct. They work when I use manual logstash (logstash -f /path/to/logstash1.conf ...)

This doesn't make any sense.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Using recent version 6.x

Thanks in advance !
JD

1 Like

Do you have path.config set in logstash.yml AND pipelines defined in pipelines.yml?

No path.config in logstash.yml since it contradicts using a service. If I do that, my pipelines.yml will be ignored

As for pipelines.yml - yes it's well defined

Just gave it another try.
When path.config is defined in /etc/logstash.yml --> the logs says it ignores pipelines.yml
When path.config is not defined in /etc/logstash.yml --> pipelines.yml is being read BUT I get the "no config files found in path" when this does not make any sense.

The config files in path are the 2 conf files I have been using all the time. They work, they are valid, they are readable.

This mechanism never worked, I am not doing anything complex here, just trying to run a logstash conf file via pipelines.yml

Please post your pipelines.yml file contents. Use Markdown triple backticks above and below what you paste.

Sure here it is:
Those were .conf files originally, I thought maybe it's really looking for file extension (.config or .cfg)

- pipeline.id: testunified
  path.config: "/home/elastic/unified/test/conf/v2_unified.conf"
- pipeline.id: test2
  path.config: "/home/elastic/testfiles/test2/test2_vpc/conf/v4_logstash.conf

Everything works when I call them individually with (for example)
logstash -f /path_to.../v2_unified.conf --path.settings /etc/logstash

My /etc/logstash/logstash.yml is mostly commented out. The only lines in there are:

node.name: elk1
path.data: /var/lib/logstash
log.level: warn
path.logs: /var/log/logstash

Note that if I un-comment path.config: /etc/logstash/conf.d then logstash ignores pipelines.yml in my case. My guess is it's reverting to logstash.yml because it can't handle the pipelines.yml setting.

Thank you!
JD

You are correct, that does not make sense.

Have you tried moving those two conf files into, say, /etc/logstash/testing/?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.