Ingesting data from a database, via a API into ES

Hello,

I'm new to ELK and this is my first post here. I'm working with the following scenario:
-My ELK stack is installed on a VM;
-I need to ingest data form another machine via an API endpoint.
-That data is stored in a database (i don't know what kind of database) and the API will provide the data in .json format.

My question is pretty basic, i presume, but i find it difficult to get a straight answer from teh internets:
-HOW do i ingest said data to my ELK stack, via that API?

Thanks,

Hard to tell without knowing anything about your source but I'd probably look at Logstash with an HTTP input plugin and an Elasticsearch output plugin.

That's all what I can say for now.

Thanks, i'll look into that - http input plugin and ES output.

We have a machine that collects logs from various network and security devices and stores the log data in a database. This is done by a third party company and i'm not involved in the process.
This company will provide me with an RestAPI endpoint, the api Key and some parameters i can use in order to get specific output (log type, log level, log date etc.). All i know so far is that the data is supposed to be delivered via the API in JSON format.

I apologize for not being more specific, i'm pretty new at this ELK, Json and Restful Api's stuff but i'm a fast learner.

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.