Ingesting Web Services API data into Elasticsearch without a database

I’m new to this forum as well as to Elasticsearch. I just recently started exploring how Elasticsearch works and if it can solve a problem.

I am trying to find a solution to the following scenario:

I have a web services subscription requiring the development of an API to ingest data into the Magento CMS platform; which Elasticsearch is native to.

Under subscription terms, I’m not allowed to store data in SQL databases for the purpose of presenting to users. However, I’m allowed to cache certain amount of data to populate site page presentations. The site needs to function as a search engine.

In addition, all categories listed on the site will also need to function as search queries when selected by users. The selected categories should return data pertaining to its specific category. All data received from the search results will then populate page elements for presentation.

I have an AWS instance for the Magento CMS with Elasticsearch installed on the same AMI.
I would like to know if Elasticsearch is capable of serving those functions and if so, how do I architect the solution for optimum performance?

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Elasticsearch can definitely do this, however the "optimum performance" approach is bit of an It Depends answer because there's quite a lot we don't know about your approach. Like document structure, query type, your expectations of what optimum is, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.