Input blocking when output is unavailable

I have a TCP input that receives messages, a few filters and a single Elasticsearch output. I'm running a small script that sends messages to the LS TCP port every X miliseconds.

After experimenting a bit, I have a few questions:

1. Since Logstash persistent queues does not support TCP inputs, is there any mechanism (other than a message queue) that I can implement to 'guard' myself from long lasting ES downtime?

2. I assumed that if Elasticsearch is down, messages will be stored in-memory, however this is not reflected when I curl http://localhost:9600/_node/stats/pipelines, the pipelines.main.events.in count stops climbing as soon as ES is down, is there another place I should look for to see the in-memory queue count?

3. I've used the redis output in the past and it has a congestion_threshold parameter, is it possible to theoretically implement the same in the elasticsearch output? Does that even block the input, or just blocks the output?

Thanks!

bump

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.