Inspect raw JSON source data from Vega/Elasticsearch

I'm trying to create advanced visualizations with Vega, but I'm having the hardest time guessing the dataset names. I'm fetching my data as such:

{
  "$schema": "https://vega.github.io/schema/vega/v4.json",
  "description": "My visualization",
  "data": {
    "url": {
      "%context%": true,
      "%timefield%": "@timestamp",
      "index": "my-index*",
      "body": {
        "aggs": {
          "time_buckets": {
            "date_histogram": {
              "field": "@timestamp",
              "interval": {"%autointerval%": true},
              "extended_bounds": {
                "min": {"%timefilter%": "min"},
                "max": {"%timefilter%": "max"}
              },
              "min_doc_count": 0
            }
          }
        },
        "size":0 
      }
    }
  }
}

I want to do subsequent transforms but I have no way of knowing the dataset names. I keep guessing them, as I cannot penetrate what appears to be a black box, even using VEGA_DEBUG.

I'd like to inspect the data, preferably as raw JSON, and then possibly re-inject it as static JSON data for further testing purposes on a limited subset.

In summary:

1. Is there a way to see what datasets are available in Vega v4?
  2. Is there a way to export the source data, as seen by Vega v4, that can then replace the original query?

Thanks!

So embarrassingly there's a super simple way to inspect the data requests using the, erh, Inspect tab. This is all mentioned in the documentation at Vega | Kibana Guide [8.7] | Elastic

I can just copy what's under the Response tab into a JSON document for offline work. There are the replies to both my questions.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.