can Packetbeat be meaningfully run using a non root user?
I've got the following limitations on my servers (provided by another department in our company):
- Only standard RedHat packages can be installed via yum by the admins of the infrastructure providers
- Apache httpd starts as root, then handles the requests as another non-root service account
- Applications and other software like Redis or ES must be installed with non-root service accounts
I wonder wether Packetbeat installed and running with the non-root system account could monitor the traffic from
- Apache httpd, which has been started as root
- ES and Redis which have been started with the same non-root system account as Packetbeat?