Install plugins like murmur3

I don't see any Rally documentation for installing plugins. I would guess it would go in the pipelines, right?

I have mapping that requires murmur3 so I'm not able to run a race.

[ERROR] Cannot race. ('Could not execute benchmark', RequestError(400, 'mapper_parsing_exception', {'error': {'root_cause': [{'type': 'mapper_parsing_exception', 'reason': 'no handler for type [murmur3] declared on field [hash]'}], 'type': 'mapper_parsing_exception', 'reason': 'no handler for type [murmur3] declared on field [hash]'}, 'status': 400}))

Hi @jspooner,

Having Rally install Elasticsearch plugins for you is not yet implemented. However, it is on the roadmap (https://github.com/elastic/rally/issues/60). My approach is to give users greater control over the configuration of Elasticsearch via the "cars" concept. So you'd maybe specify something like --car=defaults+murmur3 in the future and Rally will know that you want it to install also the murmur3 plugin.

If you want to do this now you need to manage Elasticsearch yourself (installation of ES + plugins + configuring and launching it) and use the "benchmark-only" pipeline (see Benchmarking an existing cluster in the docs).

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.