Invalid field name: _allow_permissions,_deny_permissions

If you specify an ID when you register a document, the document ID will be used; if you do not specify an ID, the ID issued by the system will be used.

Yes, and the id will be returned in the response in both cases.

For a basic license, there is no way to know the document ID via API.
If you want to know the document ID via API, you need a platinum license.

It is correct that you can't query for document ids over the API without a platinum license. The workaround is persisting the document ids in use at index time.

If you have a basic license, you need to keep a separate record of the document ID at the time of registration.

Correct.

If you have a platinum license, you can refer to the document ID at any time using the search API.

Yes in that you will be able to query for the document ids over the API.

Note that if the above understanding is correct...

Correct, it would be up to the administrator to ensure relevant document ids are tracked at index time as needed for later use.

I would like to submit a request to include the document ID in the return value of the get-content-source-api shown above, is that possible?
If it is possible, please let me know the proper way to submit the request.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be feasible to return all document ids that exist under a content source, which is what that endpoint is used for. I'll pass along this friction point to the team in case they decide to make any changes.

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I appreciate this very much.
I would appreciate if you could discuss this a bit.

Yeah. Are you suggesting that the number of documents could be huge?
Yes, this is a good point.

However, if you use get-content-source-api, you can limit it to a specific content source, and if you limit it to document ids, I think it's not such a reckless attempt.

Those endpoints generally conform to REST structure, so as documents belong to the content source, they wouldn't be appropriate to include in the content source body. It's possible Workplace Search will add a documents endpoint someday, independent from the Search API.

Ah. I see.
So it's a structural problem.
My apologies.

The attempt may not be easy, but I hope this feature will be added soon, because I want to spread WorkplaceSearch to my colleagues at work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.