Is it fine to use older version of ES

I wanted to create a similarity plugin but I am unable to do in in ES latest version. I am able to create a plugin in 1.7.6 version and it's working too. So is it fine to proceed with that version or should I upgrade to the existing latest version. If I have to upgrade then I need a solution for my plugin. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you.

Similarity plugin usage in the latest version of ES 5.3
(Clinton Gormley) #2

If you stay with 1.7.6, then you'll be stuck. You won't be able to take advantage of all the improvements that we've made since then.

It's quite possible to create a similarity plugin in the latest version - perhaps you just need to ask about any problems you run into there instead.

Hi Clinton_Gormley,
Thanks for the response. Can you provide me the template so that I can modify it and create my own plugin.
I tried to modify the code I got from https://github.com/cogniteev/custom-similarity/
But I am unable to convert it to the latest versions elastic search. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you very much.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.