Is it fine to use older version of ES

I wanted to create a similarity plugin but I am unable to do in in ES latest version. I am able to create a plugin in 1.7.6 version and it's working too. So is it fine to proceed with that version or should I upgrade to the existing latest version. If I have to upgrade then I need a solution for my plugin. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you.

If you stay with 1.7.6, then you'll be stuck. You won't be able to take advantage of all the improvements that we've made since then.

It's quite possible to create a similarity plugin in the latest version - perhaps you just need to ask about any problems you run into there instead.

Hi Clinton_Gormley,
Thanks for the response. Can you provide me the template so that I can modify it and create my own plugin.
I tried to modify the code I got from https://github.com/cogniteev/custom-similarity/
But I am unable to convert it to the latest versions elastic search. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.