Is it possible to recover the indexes with only /var/lib files

Hi team,

I have couple of indices for whom i missed taking the snapshot and now i want to recover them. All i know i have are /var/lib/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices/ files.

But while recovering , i get below error -

Caused by: org.elasticsearch.index.translog.TranslogCorruptedException: Translog at [/var/lib/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices/0wFVEr1uSLKV2B1NQndzVw/0/translog] is corrupted
at org.elasticsearch.index.translog.Translog.readGlobalCheckpoint(Translog.java:1684) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.innerOpenEngineAndTranslog(IndexShard.java:1374) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.openIndexAndRecoveryFromTranslog(IndexShard.java:1331) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.StoreRecovery.internalRecoverFromStore(StoreRecovery.java:404) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.StoreRecovery.lambda$recoverFromStore$0(StoreRecovery.java:94) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.StoreRecovery.executeRecovery(StoreRecovery.java:300) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.StoreRecovery.recoverFromStore(StoreRecovery.java:92) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.recoverFromStore(IndexShard.java:1607) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.lambda$startRecovery$6(IndexShard.java:2039) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
... 4 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /var/lib/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices/0wFVEr1uSLKV2B1NQndzVw/0/translog/translog-14.tlog
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86) ~[?:?]

Can you please help let me know if it is possible to recover the indexes with only above /var/lib files?

Please let me know if any other details required from my side.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.