Is kibana send e-mail bug fixed in 6.1.2?

Is kibana alert send e-mail bug fixed in 6.1.2? I still can't send e-mail.Or I have some wrong in config?This is my config.
xpack.notification.email.account:
outlook_account:
profile: outlook
email_defaults:
smtp:
auth: true
starttls.enable: true
host: smtpscn.xxxx.com
port: 50
user: pmail_CIpublic
password: XXXXX

My mailbox is inside company mailbox.Is the port number must 587 or any other port number?
Is the profile config outlook or standard?

How long have you had this issue?
What do your logs say?

Thank you for your respond.I just updated the kibana version from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 yesterday. I used docker image to install kibana, and I don't know where to find the log. Can you tell me the log dir?

Hi,I have found the kibana log, there is a request timeout wrong in the log, I think maybe I need to see the detail in elastic log. Then I config the elastic path.logs, then reinstall the elastic. The log path was generated but the path is empty, I can't find the log file,can you help me? Thank you!

I just test fire an e-mail now, I found a error in kibana log

{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2018-01-30T03:48:36Z","tags":[],"pid":1,"level":"error","error":{"message":"Request Timeout after 30000ms","name":"Error","stack":"Error
: Request Timeout after 30000ms\n at /usr/share/kibana/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:342:15\n at Timeout. (/usr/share/kibana/node_m
odules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:371:7)\n at ontimeout (timers.js:386:11)\n at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:250:5)\n at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:21
4:5)"},"url":{"protocol":null,"slashes":null,"auth":null,"host":null,"port":null,"hostname":null,"hash":null,"search":"","query":{},"pathname":"/api/watcher/watch/exe
cute","path":"/api/watcher/watch/execute","href":"/api/watcher/watch/execute"},"message":"Request Timeout after 30000ms"}

How can I solve it? Thank you!

There is another error.
{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2018-01-30T03:37:47Z","tags":[],"pid":1,"level":"error","error":{"message":"json argument must contain a watchStatusJson property","name
":"Error","stack":"Error: json argument must contain a watchStatusJson property\n at Function.fromUpstreamJson (/usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/plugins/watcher/se
rver/models/watch_status/watch_status.js:128:13)\n at new WatchHistoryItem (/usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/plugins/watcher/server/models/watch_history_item/watch
_history_item.js:17:36)\n at Function.fromUpstreamJson (/usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/plugins/watcher/server/models/watch_history_item/watch_history_item.js:43:
12)\n at executeWatch.then.hit (/usr/share/kibana/plugins/x-pack/plugins/watcher/server/routes/api/watch/register_execute_route.js:43:51)\n at tryCatcher (/usr/
share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/util.js:26:23)\n at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:503:31
)\n at Promise._settlePromiseAt (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:577:18)\n at Promise._settlePromises (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules
/bluebird/js/main/promise.js:693:14)\n at Async._drainQueue (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:123:16)\n at Async._drainQueues (/usr/shar
e/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:133:10)\n at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/bluebird/js/main/async.js:15:14)\n at r
unCallback (timers.js:672:20)\n at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)\n at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:617:5)"},"url":{"protocol":null,"sl
ashes":null,"auth":null,"host":null,"port":null,"hostname":null,"hash":null,"search":"","query":{},"pathname":"/api/watcher/watch/execute","path":"/api/watcher/watch/
execute","href":"/api/watcher/watch/execute"},"message":"json argument must contain a watchStatusJson property"}

Can you help me? I have been blocked several days.

OK. I have solved this problem.

What was the solution?

Use the default auth,starttls.enable and port config. Then it is work.

I think the port config value 587 on the official website confused me. I suggest change it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.