Is there a way to mimic the _source path for _search in a specific document?

(Reinaldo Luckman) #1

The resource /users/1/_source will return data WITHOUT ANY METADATA, like:

{
   "id" : 1,
   "name" : "John"
}

There is a way to get an array of sources WITHOUT ANY METADATA if a search is submitted to a specific document (e.g., /users/_search )? The expected result will be something like:

[
   {
       "id" : 1,
       "name" : "John"
   },
   {
       "id" : 2,
       "name" : "Mark"
   },
   {
       "id" : 3,
       "name" : "Ana" 
   }
]

Thanks in advance.

(Jörg Prante) #2

Like this plugin?

(Reinaldo Luckman) #3

Hi, Jörg.

Exactly. I tried to use your plugin in ES 2.1, but got this error:

ERROR: Could not find plugin descriptor 'plugin-descriptor.properties' in plugin zip

But I was wondering if there is a way to do that in ES 2.1 directly. I've checked many old threads about this subject, so I just want to be sure that this still isn't possible for 2.1 before I go to other directions.

Thanks for your answer.

(Reinaldo Luckman) #4

It is possible to use the arrayformat plugin with the JAVA API for ES or I will have to use plain Java networking to do that?

Thanks in advance.

(Jörg Prante) #5

I have to upgrade the plugin to ES 2.1.

It's HTTP, no Java API.

With Java, you can iterate through the hits, the "metadata problem" does not exist.

(Reinaldo Luckman) #6

My question wasn't good, probably because my english isn't good. :slight_smile:

Currently I'm using the ES Java API to make HTTP requests to ES (e.g. a _search endpoint in some document). I was wondering if could be possible use your plugin with the ES JAVA API. Something like this: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-api/current/java-search.html

But I think I will have to write plain Java requests (without the ES Java API) to use your plugin, because client.prepareSearch(...) will result in a HTTP _search.

Thanks.

(Jörg Prante) #7

Your english is good, I understand, at least I hope so :smile:

Java is not using HTTP _search, it uses transport protocol (native Elasticsearch node-to-node protocol) over port 9300.

With Java search API, you get a SearchResponse object. From there you can iterate through the search hits. Therefore, you can see hits as an array. No metadata like _index, _type, _id are in the way, like in JSON hits, which are transported over HTTP API.

(Reinaldo Luckman) #8

I didn't know that, I'm new to ElasticSearch world. Thanks!

(system) #9