Is this library subject to US EAR (Encryption and Export administration regulations)?

Hello everyone,
First, thank you so much for developing this open-source software which is powerful and feature-rich but also simple and easy to use. I prepare to use it in my projects. However, I wonder whether this software is subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
In case of being controlled by EAR, would you please tell me which classification number (ECCN) does it come under? Are there any restrictions or specific license requirements? May I know in which country or region did your team compile it? And does the software have encryption function? In case that encryption function is included, has the filing information been submitted according to EAR§742.15(b)?

I need this information to comply with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and I'm sure other users of this software would benefit from this information as well.

Thanks and best wishes!

With legal questions like this, on these forums, we cannot give a more precise answer than It Depends™. Some Elastic products are indeed subject to US Export Administration Regulations, but others are exempt. Please contact the Elastic legal team directly to get an answer which applies to your situation.

Thank you for your reply. It's very useful. I'd like to contact the legal team. Thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.