Issue while installing custom logstash gem filter with logstash 2.3.1

I was using logstash 1.5.4 and was able to install custom logstash filter received from third party team, now I have updated the logstash from 1.5.4 to 2.3.1 and when I try to install logstash filter it gives me following error:

failed: [site1elk01] => {"changed": true, "cmd": "/opt/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install /opt/logstash/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0.gem", "delta": "0:00:11.883231", "end": "2016-04-25 00:38:30.545048", "rc": 1, "start": "2016-04-25 00:38:18.661817", "warnings": []}
stderr: Error Bundler::GemspecError, retrying 1/10
There was a Errno::ENOENT while loading logstash-filter-abc.gemspec:
No such file or directory - git from
  /opt/logstash/vendor/local_gems/bdd6b4de/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0/logstash-filter-abc.gemspec:14:in `eval_gemspec'
  /opt/logstash/vendor/local_gems/a945cf06/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0/logstash-filter-abc.gemspec:14:in `eval_gemspec'
Too many retries, aborting, caused by Bundler::GemspecError
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: There was a Errno::ENOENT while loading logstash-filter-abc.gemspec:
  /opt/logstash/vendor/local_gems/a945cf06/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0/logstash-filter-abc.gemspec:14:in `eval_gemspec'
stdout: Validating /opt/logstash/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0.gem
Installing logstash-filter-abc

Earlier in 1.5.4 I was using below command to install the filter:

/opt/logstash/bin/plugin install /opt/logstash/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0.gem

Now after it gave me error to use logstash-plugin from bin folder I am using following:

/opt/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install /opt/logstash/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0.gem

Any help here as what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I think that there is a problem with code's gem. I saw this problem some time ago : Issue.

You can try to install Git and execute "bin/plugin install /opt/logstash/logstash-filter-abc-1.0.0.gem" again (with access to Internet) or edit code's gem.

Regards