Issue with free_disk_space example

Hello there,

I am trying to apply the free disk space example in my my own system: (elasticsearch 6.0.1 trial version) https://github.com/elastic/examples/tree/master/Alerting/Sample%20Watches/monitoring_free_disk_space

I post condition and transform as following by putting the example content in:
POST _scripts/condition
{}
POST _scripts/transform
{}

The watcher is created as following (Content copied from the example except indices are changed to my own):
PUT _xpack/watcher/watch/freespace_watch
{
}

However, I cannot POST the mapping part successful. got an error similar to following:
"{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "mapper_parsing_exception",
"reason": "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [mappings : {sxldoc={_all={enabled=false}, date_detection=false, properties={type={type=keyword}, cluster_uuid={type=keyword}, node_stats={properties={fs={properties={data={properties={spins={type=boolean}}}, io_stats={properties={total={properties={operations={type=long}, read_kilobytes={type=long}, read_operations={type=long}, write_kilobytes={type=long}, write_operations={type=long}}}}}, total={properties={available_in_bytes={type=long}, free_in_bytes={type=long}, total_in_bytes={type=long}}}}}}}, source_node={properties={name={type=keyword}}}, timestamp={type=date, format=date_time}}}}]"
}
],
"type": "mapper_parsing_exception",
"reason": "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [mappings : {sxldoc={_all={enabled=false}, date_detection=false, properties={type={type=keyword}, cluster_uuid={type=keyword}, node_stats={properties={fs={properties={data={properties={spins={type=boolean}}}, io_stats={properties={total={properties={operations={type=long}, read_kilobytes={type=long}, read_operations={type=long}, write_kilobytes={type=long}, write_operations={type=long}}}}}, total={properties={available_in_bytes={type=long}, free_in_bytes={type=long}, total_in_bytes={type=long}}}}}}}, source_node={properties={name={type=keyword}}}, timestamp={type=date, format=date_time}}}}]"
},
"status": 400
}"

I did read the README, but still cannot figure out how to make mapping work. It would be very helpful if you can show me the PUT/POST command used for the mapping.

Thank you!

Xuelian

can you provide the full and exact command that led to this failure?

Thanks!

--Alex

We used .monitoring-es* and was able to monitor the disk usage without using the corresponding mapping.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.