Issue with PVC in ECK

Trying to setup elastic cluster using ECK documentation, but it fails and stays in Pending state

kubectl get pvc -n staging
NAME                                         STATUS    VOLUME   CAPACITY   ACCESS MODES   STORAGECLASS    AGE
elasticsearch-data-quickstart-es-default-0   Pending                                      elasticsearch   17m

WHile doing kubectl describe pod -n staging quickstart-es-default-0

node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
Events:
  Type     Reason            Age                 From               Message
  ----     ------            ----                ----               -------
  Warning  FailedScheduling  18s (x22 over 20m)  default-scheduler  0/21 nodes are available: 21 pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims.

The Quickstart tutorial assumes that you have a default storage class setup. This should be the case on most hosted Kubernetes offerings. I would double check that is the case on your environment. Volume claim templates | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [master] | Elastic

You can also describe your PVCs to better understand why they cannot be bound: Troubleshooting methods | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [master] | Elastic

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Just for reference I am using Ubuntu's microK8s. After trying to set up a default storage class I will report back here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.