Java API[5.0] Multiple range queries

Is it possible to add multiple range queries using the Java API[5.0] ?

Sure. Combine them with a boolQuery in whatever way make the most sense to you. Here is the documentation for that query. Most stuff should translate cleanly from the rest-based examples on that page to the java transport API.

Hi Nik I have gone through that link whichever you mentioned in above post , I meant to say that can we make multiple ranges on single field. e.g I have a requirement like, I have one duration field in facet that ranges from 0-15,16-30,31-45,46-60 and >61 mins.

I tried range query like as below but it is not giving any result can you please help me where I am doing wrong or how can I achieve this ?

GET _search
{
    "query": {"bool" : {
    "filter" : [
      {
        "range" : {
          "callDuration" : {
            "from" : "60",
            "to" : "900",
            "include_lower" : true,
            "include_upper" : true,
            "boost" : 1.0
          }
        }
      },
      {
            "from" : "960",
            "to" : "1800",
          }
        }
      },
      {
            "from" : "1860",
            "to" : "2700",
          }
        }
      },
      {
            "from" : "2760",
            "to" : "3600",
          }
        }
      }

]  
    }
}
}

In your example you're using a bool query with two filters. This means that you want to filter documents that have a callDuration between 60 and 900 AND 960 and 1800. What you want is all documents with a callDuration that is between 60 and 900 OR 960 and 1800. You can achieve this by changing your filter clauses into should clauses:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-bool-query.html#query-dsl-bool-query

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.