Java Msgs in Log

Hello all,

I have installed Elasticsearch for the first time and I am seeing msgs that a terminally deprecated method in java.lang.system has been called. Should I be concerned with this, even though it looks like Elasticsearch is started and running?

Thanks,
Steve

It'd be useful if you could please share what you are seeing :slight_smile:

Here you go Mark...attached!

Please don't post pictures of text or code. They are difficult to read, impossible to search and replicate (if it's code), and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

This is not code....this is a screenshot of the Elasticsearch log. Not sure how you would like me to present this then.

Please don't post images of text as they are hard to read, may not display correctly for everyone, and are not searchable.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

It would be great if you could update your post to solve this.

And please share Elasticsearch logs instead

Here it is:

A terminally deprecated method in java.lang.System has been called
System::setSecurityManager has been called by org.Elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch (file: /usr/share/Elasticsearch/lib/Elasticsearch-7.15.1.jar)
Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.Elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch
System::setSecurityManager will be removed in a future release

This is nothing to worry about. We need to take action to be compatible with future JDKs but everything is fine today and you can safely ignore this message.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.