I'm running an ecommerce site with elasticsearch and want to add a "new
items this week" feature.
I need to add a creation date for every document, but I cannot make it work.
The situation is as follows:
- The products of the site are imported every day using a JSON datafeed
- The import of the next day will overwrite the old products/documents in
What I've tried:
- Enabled the _timestamp field. This added a timestamp field, but every
day when the datafeeds are imported, it is overwritten. This is the case
for client.prepareIndex() and client.prepareUpdate()
- Used the 'upsert' command to add a creation date. Since I do not know
which product is updated/deleted or new in the feed I also have to use
doc_as_upsert. The result is that the upsert command is not executed.
- I cannot add the creation date to the product myself, since everyday all
the documents in the index will be overwritten when the datafeed is
My Question: Is it possible to have a creation date of a document persist
I'm using Elasticsearch version 0.90.5
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7d7d5609-8e4b-4c95-85e7-45ab3817f364%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.