Kibana 4.2 is getting crashed every fortnight while running as nohup

Hi Team,

I am running kibana 4.2 like below:

Downloaded : https://download.elastic.co/kibana/kibana/kibana-4.2.0-linux-x64.tar.gz
Extracted to kibana4.2 dir
Run kibana in background as : nohup ./bin/kibana > kibana.log 2>&1 &

So it used to run for sometime. When I open kibana dashboard it does not opens up and when I check the process of kibana it shows as not running.

Kindly let me know what could be the problem for this.

Below is the last line of kibana logs.

{"type":"response","@timestamp":"2015-11-06T05:18:40+00:00","tags":,"pid":3131,"method":"post","statusCode":200,"req":{"url":"/elasticsearch/_msearch?timeout=0&ignore_unavailable=true&preference=1446787092875","method":"post","headers":{"host":"MASKED","connection":"keep-alive","content-length":"651","accept":"application/json, text/plain, /","origin":"MASKED","user-agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36","content-type":"application/json;charset=UTF-8","referer":"MASKED/app/kibana","accept-encoding":"gzip, deflate","accept-language":"en-US,en;q=0.8"},"remoteAddress":"MASKED","userAgent":"MASKED","referer":"MASKED/app/kibana"},"res":{"statusCode":200,"responseTime":217,"contentLength":9},"message":"POST /elasticsearch/_msearch?timeout=0&ignore_unavailable=true&preference=1446787092875 200 217ms - 9.0B"}

Could you reformat your post to make it easier for others to read? It's hard to examine your logs in that code block.

Since the status code in the response is 200OK it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong on the Kibana side. Any other errors on the ES site?

Hey Tanya,

I have formatted the same. There are no logs as such wrt errors in kibana still the same is getting crashed.

Wrt logs in ES below logs are there wrt Groovy things as below:

Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

Let me know if anything else is required to assist the same.

Hi,

i have exactly the same problem.
Every morning, kibana is crashed.

kibana is launched with this command :
/opt/kibana/bin/kibana 1>/var/log/kibana-daemon.log 2>/var/log/kibana-daemon.err &

in log files, there is nothing about this crash.

how can i use this in production (without crashes) ?