Kibana-5.6.10 username and password

good afternooon folks, i have a running installation of Kibana-5.6.10, i want to protect the UI with username and password access. however i can't find the configuration in the kibana.yml file.
another question...is it possible to have more than one set of username and password?
thanks in advance.

i want to protect the UI with username and password access. however i can't find the configuration in the kibana.yml file.

This isn't something that's built into Kibana. If you want to add authorization to your Kibana instance, there's 2 main ways; 1) our commercial security product, or 2) using a proxy of some kind. For 1, you just need to install X-Pack and enable the trial license (eventually you'll have to pay for it). There's a ton of examples online, even elastic.co, about how to set up 2, basically just using Apache or nginx to add auth (usually Basic auth) to the route.

is it possible to have more than one set of username and password?

Depends what you use to provide the authentication layer. In the case of both 1 and 2 mentioned above, the answer is yes, but obviously the methods are different. 1 will give you a UI to do it from Kibana, 2 you'll have to look up how to do it with your proxy of choice, but answer is probably just a search away.

Thanx Joe, that is very helpful

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.