Kibana and Elasticsearch Node configuration not working after moving data directory

I have two elasticsearch nodes and for one of them, I moved the the /var/lib/elasticsearch folder to a mount with more storage. I chown'd an elasticsearch user and changed the path.data in the elasticsearch.yml file and everything worked fine with that node.

However, Kibana and my other elasticsearch node are unable to connect and I am getting the below errors in the log data:
Kibana:

Aug 10 10:11:58 server kibana[3136]: FATAL Error: [config validation of [elasticsearch].hosts]: types that failed validation:
Aug 10 10:11:58 server kibana[3136]: - [config validation of [elasticsearch].hosts.0]: expected value of type [string] but got [Array].
Aug 10 10:11:58 server kibana[3136]: - [config validation of [elasticsearch].hosts.1.1]: expected URI with scheme [http|https].
Aug 10 10:12:00 server systemd[1]: kibana.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 10 10:12:00 server systemd[1]: Unit kibana.service entered failed state.
Aug 10 10:12:00 server systemd[1]: kibana.service failed.

Other elasticsearch Node:

org.elasticsearch.transport.ConnectTransportException: [NODE][IP INFO] connect_exception
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TcpTransport$ChannelsConnectedListener.onFailure(TcpTransport.java:966) ~[elasticsearch-7.8.1.jar:7.8.1]
at org.elasticsearch.action.ActionListener.lambda$toBiConsumer$2(ActionListener.java:198) ~[elasticsearch-7.8.1.jar:7.8.1]
at org.elasticsearch.common.concurrent.CompletableContext.lambda$addListener$0(CompletableContext.java:42) ~[elasticsearch-core-7.8.1.jar:7.8.1]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(CompletableFuture.java:859) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:837) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(CompletableFuture.java:506) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeExceptionally(CompletableFuture.java:2152) ~[?:?]
at org.elasticsearch.common.concurrent.CompletableContext.completeExceptionally(CompletableContext.java:57) ~[elasticsearch-core-7.8.1.jar:7.8.1]
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty4.Netty4TcpChannel.lambda$addListener$0(Netty4TcpChannel.java:68) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListener0(DefaultPromise.java:577) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners0(DefaultPromise.java:570) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListenersNow(DefaultPromise.java:549) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners(DefaultPromise.java:490) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setValue0(DefaultPromise.java:615) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setFailure0(DefaultPromise.java:608) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.tryFailure(DefaultPromise.java:117) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.fulfillConnectPromise(AbstractNioChannel.java:321) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:337) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:702) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:615) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:578) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:493) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]
Caused by: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: IP INFORMATION
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at sun.nio.ch.Net.pollConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.pollConnectNow(Net.java:589) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:839) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:330) ~[?:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:334) ~[?:?]

That looks pretty relevant, what's your setting there look like?

Here are my kibana.yml settings:

server.host: "0.0.0.0"
server.name: "SERVER NAME"
elasticsearch.hosts: ["http://localhost:9200", "Other elasticsearch node"]

This set up was working fine before I moved the directory

1 Like

I still can't seem to figure this error out. Any update on how I can fix this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.