Kibana is stock on “Kibana server is not ready yet”

Hi everyone

After installing Inhanced-Table plugin, my Kibana is stock on following message

"Kibana server is not ready yet"

However after some minutes it completely became out of reach and I face with "Unable to connect" error on my browser.

I removed the plugin with following command but the error still exists.

./bin/kibana-plugin remove enhanced-table

Would you mind helping me in order to solve this problem. Also Kibana logfile is available via following link.

Thanks Best Regards

There seems to be several problems here:

1. Kibana is unable to perform upgrade migrations because of this Elasticsearch error:
    Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: [search_phase_execution_exception] all shards failed This could happen if you deleted any of the .kibana* indices while Kibana was already running which can result in a .kibana index instead of a .kibana alias. Unless you have data that you care about, the simplest would be to shutdown Kibana and then delete all the delete all the kibana indices with DELETE .kibana* for a blank start. Otherwise you can read more about upgrade migrations here https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/upgrade-migrations.html#upgrade-migrations-process
  2. The optimizer fails to "compile" Kibana's plugin bundles. I'm not sure why this happens, but I would suggest you start with a fresh install of Kibana to fix this problem.

Hi
Thanks for your comment, however i do not know how to run elasticserach queries without using kibana, I used to use Development area in order to run these commands. would you mind sending me a link in case of running commands like DELETE /.kibana* or GET /_cat/aliases while the kibana is unavailable
thanks best regards

If you prefer a GUI I would recommend using a REST client like https://www.postman.com/product/rest-client/ which will allow you to configure basic auth credentials and construct different request methods and bodies.

On the command line you can use curl (substitute password with your password)
curl -X GET "elastic:password@localhost:9200/_cat/aliases"
curl -X DELETE "elastic:password@localhost:9200/.kibana*"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.