Kibana Own Plugin Development - Kibana/Courier not Available

Hi,

I am developing new custom plugin for kibana. I am trying to create the plugin same as visualizations. After adding the module dependency kibana/courier into my app i am getting the following errors.

Uncaught Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module kibana due to:
Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module discover/saved_searches due to:
Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module kibana/courier due to:
Error: [$injector:nomod] Module 'kibana/courier' is not available! You either misspelled the module name or forgot to load it. If registering a module ensure that you specify the dependencies as the second argument.
http://errors.angularjs.org/1.4.7/$injector/nomod?p0=kibana%2Fcourier

Any idea on this?? What I missed here??

Thanks in Advance...

You should just be able to refer to it as courier, not kibana/courier if you're using angular's dependency injection.

Oh..Thanks..It is resolved now..
I have one more query where can i identify the request and response processing. That is which place Kibana making request to the elastic server and how the kibana handling or processing the response from the elastic server...

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand the question?

Hi,

I want to understand the how request and response is happening between the
kibana and elastic server.

Regards,
Prabakar

A lot of the search related requests happen in courier, but that's not the only piece of code that makes requests to ES. Kibana uses the elasticsearch.js client and you'll see its use throughout the code. On the frontend you'll see the es service being used, on the backend you'll see the es client being accessed as a Hapi plugin.

So it's a bit of a complicated question, there isn't one piece of code that handles all requests/responses.

Thanking so much....

I will look into that...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.